Get your taste of the country with this classic country-fried steak recipe! It’s savory and easy to make, you can pair it with your favorite breakfast sides and dig in. What better way to start your day than with something mouthwatering?
How To Make Country-Fried Steak And Eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- regular salt
- 2 tbsp seasoning salt
- 3 cube steaks
- 4 slices toasted bread
- 1/2 cup frying oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- In a bowl, beat the two eggs and milk until they are well combined.
- In another large bowl, combine the seasoning salt to taste, regular salt to taste, pepper to taste, and flour together. The bowl should be big enough to batter the steaks.
- Next, season the cube steaks to taste with salt and pepper, then coat both sides of the steaks in flour one at a time. After that, dip them into the egg wash and back into the flour. Once this has been done for all steaks, place them on a plate.
- Over medium heat, fill a large skillet with about half a cup of oil and let it warm for about five minutes.
- Cook the steaks on each side for about 2-3 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Once the steaks are done cooking, let them drain and set aside. Pour the leftover oil into a heat-safe bowl.
- To make the gravy, melt the butter in the pan then add the flour, carefully whisking to combine both ingredients.
- Slowly pour in the milk and black pepper into the skillet, stirring occasionally. The mixture should be thick but not paste-like.
- Lastly, fry the eggs as desired. Once your eggs are ready, serve them alongside some toast and steaks with gravy on top. Enjoy!