Have you ever loved a restaurant item so much that you wanted to try to make it at home? This article will help you match, or at least come close to, making Cracker Barrel’s Country Fried Steak and Eggs. This delicious meal is comprised of two eggs cooked to order and country fried steak.
How To Make Copycat Cracker Barrel Steak and Eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. water
- 3/4 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 2 lbs bottom or top round steak cut into four equal portions, pound well to tenderize
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees F.
- In a shallow pan or bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate shallow pan, combine the egg and water.
- In a third shallow pan, pour the baking mix.
- Next, coat the steaks in the flour mixture, then dip into the egg mixture, and coat with the baking mix.
- In a large frying pan (such as a cast-iron skillet) over medium-high heat, add the vegetable oil until it begins to sizzle. Add the coated steak pieces and fry 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Finally, remove steaks from the pan and keep them warm in a preheated oven while the gravy is prepared with the oil from the frying pan.