If you’re looking for something new to make for dinner and try it out ahead of time – try making this sweet potato soup recipe. It’s a warm and creamy side, perfect for Thanksgiving!
How To Make Sweet Potato Soup
Our sweet potato soup recipe is cooks the potatoes in a soothing chicken broth and seasoned with aromatic ginger and nutty cinnamon.
- In a heavy saucepot, over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add flour and stir constantly until roux achieves a light caramel color.
- Add the broth, milk, and brown sugar, bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Stir in the cooked sweet potatoes and spices, bring to a simmer again, then cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add the milk, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Then in a blender, puree the soup and return to the saucepot afterward. If using a stick blender, puree directly on the saucepot.
- Season with salt and pepper and adjust accordingly.
- Ladle into the soup bowls and swirl with sour cream on top, then garnish with parsley before serving!
- Sugar: 11g
- Calcium: 133mg
- Calories: 167kcal
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 448mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 554mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 13852IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Made with corn tortillas, this tortilla soup combines the mellow flavor of sweet potato with limey tomato-rich broth for a refreshing instant pot dish.
With hints of ginger and cinnamon, this warm sweet potato soup is the perfect quick and light meal.