This hearty soup is a great recipe to make with leftover or rotisserie chicken. By simply using your leftover shredded chicken and a few veggies, you can make it just like Olive Garden’s.
Copycat Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Recipe
- 2 cup chicken shredded
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup onion diced
- ½ cup carrots diced
- ½ cup celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup half & half
- 1 lb. potato gnocchi
- 3 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp. basil chopped
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. parsley
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Parmesan grated
- Saute the onion, celery, and garlic in the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the flour and make a roux.
- Add the half and half.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- Add in the carrots and chicken in the roux.
- Once the mixture thickens, add the chicken broth.
- Then add the gnocchi, spinach, and seasonings.
- Let simmer until soup is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with grated Parmesan on top.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!