This soup recipe is a classic! Serve it as an appetizer, or enjoy it alongside a wrap or sandwich. It tastes exactly like the classic soup from Applebee’s!
How To Make Copycat Applebee's Chicken Tortilla Soup
A hearty spiced Mexican dish inspired by the Applebee's classic.
6 hrs 10 mins
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lg. onion chopped roughly
- 6 cup chicken broth
- 1 small can chili peppers diced
- 14 oz. tomatoes diced mashed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz. salsa roja enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- yellow corn tortillas
- Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, and diced green onions.
- In a large pan, saute garlic, onion until slightly brown. Pour in chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the chili pepperes, tomatoes, salsa roja, bay leaf, and taco seasoning. Stir and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes
- On the other hand, while the soup simmers, fry your yellow corn tortillas in oil on a pan. Slice into thin strips after cooking.
- Once the soup is cooked, garnish the tortillas on top and you're ready to serve.
Calories: 58kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 699mg | Potassium: 363mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 504IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg