How To Make Slow Cooker Rosemary and Red Pepper Chicken
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 8 oz. turkey Italian sausages casings removed
- 8 (4 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- In a 5 to 6 qt. slow cooker, combine onion, bell pepper, garlic, rosemary, and oregano.
- Crumble sausages over onion mixture. Rinse chicken and pat dry; arrange in a single layer over sausage.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Pour in vermouth. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 5 to 7 hours, or until chicken is tender and cooked through when pierced.
- Transfer chicken to a warm, deep platter, and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and cold water. Stir into cooking liquid in slow cooker.
- Increase heat to high, and cover. Cook, stirring 2 to3 times, until sauce is thickened (about 10 more minutes).
- Season to taste with salt. Spoon sauce over chicken, and sprinkle with parsley.