Slow cooker recipes are particularly great if you want to achieve soft, tender meat, such as in this case for pulled pork sliders. What’s great about this cooking method is how meltingly tender the pulled pork comes out. Cooking time might be long and slow, but that will help it better absorb all the smoky BBQ sauce flavors. After a long day at work, you can come out to comforting sliders at home. Add the pulled pork as a topping in your nachos and chicken tacos for an exciting way to get all the protein and nutrients.
Tips on Making Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders
Have you tried fall-apart pork with a hint of sweet and spicy? Our pulled pork sliders are super juicy without a tiny inkling of dryness. It’s perfectly slow-cooked for eight straight hours and yields incredibly tender meat ready to be pulled apart. Read the tips below to find out how to achieve the best-pulled pork sliders recipe.
- Use fatty pork cuts such as pork shoulder or Boston butt. Fat makes the pulled pork extremely moist and tender. Not to worry, since it will eventually melt during the cooking process. If you use a lean cut of pork such as pork tenderloin, it may dry out in the slow cooker.
- As an optional step, sear the meat before slow cooking. Browning the pork adds a nice caramelized flavor and color to the pulled pork. Don’t forget to season with salt and black pepper. If you want to make it even more flavorful, rubbing a teaspoon of onion powder and a dollop of dijon mustard onto the meat before searing will do wonders for the final product.
- Add a bit of stock or water to the slow cooker. Doing so won’t let the meat stick to the bottom of the pot and cause it to burn. In addition, the moisture from the pork combined with stock mixed together forms a better flavor for your pork sliders. You can also add acidic ingredients like apple cider vinegar and bbq sauce to tenderize meat as it slowly cooks.
- Fat from the drippings will be incorporated into your dish. If you don’t like this, you can chill the drippings until you see a layer of fat harden on the surface. From there, you can scrape off the fat and strain the leftover liquid onto the pork.
How To Make Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders
Just by tossing the pork in your crockpot, you’ll get a dish that’s good to go and incredibly soft and juicy. It takes several hours but you’ll have a sinful pulled pork sliders recipe as a treat after a long day.
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except pork and buns.
Add in pork, cut into two pieces if needed.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the pork using a fork.
- Mix with sauce and serve buns toasted on the grill.
Commonly Asked Questions
What goes with pulled pork sliders?
There is so much you can do with pulled pork sliders. For starters, this red cabbage slaw would be perfect on top of the pulled pork or as a side dish to this sandwich. You can also have your sliders with any kind of potato dish, salads, beans, cornbread, or dinner rolls.
What condiments go on a pulled pork sandwich?
You can mix sour cream and Greek yogurt with horseradish to make a strong, tangy sauce. You can also make homemade BBQ sauce just like we did. Serve it with a classic coleslaw.
Pulled pork is a perfect make-ahead meal for the slow cooker. Our pulled pork sliders won’t disappoint during your BBQ parties as it’s extremely flavorful and tenderized well. One of the most amazing things about slow cooker meals is you can start them in the morning and come home to a ready-to-serve meal.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!