What would you do if you’re running out of time and you still need to prepare dinner? Well, no need to panic. We are here to help you whip up a delicious and filling dish with this easy chicken taco recipe.
Tacos are not a complicated dish that is why it is perfect for a quick but completely satisfying dinner. Read and discover how you can make this scrumptious dish without breaking a sweat.
It does not matter if it is for lunch or dinner, chicken tacos are perfect for any occasion. Serve it with your favorite salsa for an added flavor.
How To Make Easy Chicken Tacos
- 26 oz. chunk chicken drained
- 14.5 oz. tomatoes with chilies use regular diced tomatoes if you don't like it too spicy
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 tbsp. onion or 1/3 C. fresh chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. red peppers optional
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- Break chicken up in a fry pan and add remaining ingredients (besides toppings) and stir until mixed.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture is still moist, but not soupy.
- Serve on warmed flour taco shells and top with salsa or diced fresh tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, and shredded lettuce.
Commonly Asked Questions
Are Chicken Tacos Healthy?
Generally, chicken tacos are healthier than tacos that use meat as fillings because they are leaner. Chicken tacos contain less fat compared to meat but they are equally filled with protein.
If you want comfort food that is healthy and filling at the same time, chicken tacos are the best option. It's very easy to make and delicious. You'll definitely want to have more.