How To Make Homemade Rice Pilaf (Healthy Rice-a-Roni)
This all-season Homemade Rice Pilaf recipe is made with angel hair spaghetti, instant brown rice, and chicken broth. So easy and guarantees to full up!
- 2tspbutter,use olive oil for dairy free
- ¼cupangel hair spaghetti,broken into small pieces, wheat, whole wheat or gluten-free
- 1cupuncooked 10 minute instant brown rice,such as Uncle Ben’s
- 2cupschicken broth,or water and chicken bouillon
- chopped parsley,for ganish, optional
Melt the butter in a deep skillet with a fitted lid over medium heat.
When the butter is melted, add the broken spaghetti and rice. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly toasted.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until the rice is tender and the broth is absorbed.
Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Calories: 257.09kcal
- Fat: 4.74g
- Saturated Fat: 1.87g
- Trans Fat: 0.08g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.67g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.82g
- Carbohydrates: 45.43g
- Fiber: 1.88g
- Sugar: 2.09g
- Protein: 7.51g
- Cholesterol: 8.68mg
- Sodium: 175.14mg
- Calcium: 23.66mg
- Potassium: 278.28mg
- Iron: 1.30mg
- Vitamin A: 24.80µg
- Vitamin C: 2.59mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!