How to Make Caramelle Pasta
Prepare a beautiful dish with the Caramelle Pasta Recipe. If you are looking for a healthy pasta option, then this recipe is for you.
Pasta Dough Procedure
- Start by making the pasta dough.
- Take flour, turmeric, salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in water and knead to a stiff dough.
- Make purple dough similar to this.
- Place both the dough into the Ziploc cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Once 30 minutes is up, take the dough and knead it once more till smooth and set aside for 10 minutes.
Make the pumpkin filling
- Take the filling ingredients in a baking tray.
- Pop it into the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes till roasted.
- Now the filling is cooked.
- Take it in a food processor and pulse few times till smooth.
- Set aside.
Preparing Pasta Sheets
- Now lets make the pasta.
- Take your pasta maker.
- Once it is rolled fold over and roll again till you get smooth and sheen finish.
- Take half of the yellow dough and start rolling in the thicker settings of the pasta machine
- Keep reducing the thickness of the pasta and keep rolling.
- Set aside.
- Roll the purple dough the same way.
- Pass the rolled purple sheet of pasta in the thicker noodle setting of the pasta machine and cut it in ribbons.
- Take the yellow dough. brush the top with very little water.
- Place the purple strips of pasta over the yellow dough at an angle.
- Sprinkle flour on top and cut off the excess.
- Pass the sheet of pasta into the pasta maker and roll it once so the strips sticks to the pasta sheet.
- Make sure the sheet of pasta is even, trim off the excess dough.
Shape the pasta
- Spoon some filling in the end of the pasta sheet, fold it once.
- Apply some water on the side and fold once more.
- Trim off the pasta, now pinch the pasta from both the ends so it forms like a candy shape.
- Set aside the shaped pasta in a floured tray.
Cooking of pasta
- Bring lots of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta gently in.
- Cook the pasta for 2 minutes and drain it gently using a slotted spoon.
- Place the pasta in a serving plate.
Brown Butter Garlic Basil Sauce
- Take butter in a saute pan.
- Cook it on very low heat till it gets melted and light golden colour.
- Add in sliced garlic and basil leaves.
- Cook for further few minutes till crispy.
- Cook the butter on low heat till the butter is toasted and brown.
- Take it off the heat and set aside
Serving of pasta
- Serve the pasta in a warm bowl with a drizzle of brown butter garlic sauce
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 42mg
- Calories: 408kcal
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 134mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 677mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 389IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!