Tagliatelle with Chestnuts and Sausage Recipe
Try something different for dinner with this interesting pasta dish.
How To Make Tagliatelle with Chestnuts and Sausage
This pasta dish is earthy and flavorful, you have to smother it with cheese for the best experience.
- In a large saucepan, place the chestnuts, broth, bay leaf, clove and shallot; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer 35 to 40 minutes, until the chestnuts are very tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and clove.
- Place the chestnuts and shallot with about half of the broth in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade or in a blender.
- Process, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Add the remaining broth, cardamom and heavy whipping cream and process until smooth and well combined.
- (The sauce can be made in advance to this point and refrigerated.) Place the mixture in a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until thickened. Reduce the heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cut the casings off the sausage and crumble it into the pan.
- Sauté the sausage, continuing to break it apart with a spoon until it's browned and cooked through.
- Remove it with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Set aside.
- Prepare the tagliatelle al dente according to the package directions; drain and toss it with the melted butter.
- Arrange the pasta on plates or a serving platter and top with the sauce.
- Then scatter the cooked sausage and parsley on top.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Calcium: 81mg
- Calories: 730kcal
- Carbohydrates: 83g
- Cholesterol: 157mg
- Fat: 35g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 727mg
- Protein: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 348mg
- Sugar: 2g
- Vitamin A: 1183IU
- Vitamin C: 31mg