This recipe is an excited twist on the well-loved classic, spaghetti and meatballs. The whole wheat pasta and three meat mix comes together wonderfully in an exciting new way.
How To Make Pork, Lamb, & Beef Meatballs
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 lb. ground lamb
- 1/2 lb. ground round
- 1 cup parmesan finely grated
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs divided
- 1 whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 jar store-bought tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup basil chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork, lamb, ground round, 1/2 cup parmesan, egg, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs. Using your hands, mix all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup of bread crumbs into a small bowl. Using your hands, shape the meatballs into rounds, roll in the bread crumbs and place the meatballs in individual, miniature muffin tin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the tomato sauce.
- Plate desires amount of pasta and meatballs, top with tomato sauce, chopped basil, and grated parmesan.