This healthy lunch recipe is perfect to prepare for the post-holiday season. It’s loaded with asparagus, tasty shrimp, and sweet peppers and makes a splendid way to kick-start a healthy new lifestyle.
How To Make Penne Pasta with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Pepper
A savory pasta dish blended with shrimp, asparagus and a dash of pepper.
- 1/2 box penne pasta
- 1 1/2 lb. shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lg. red pepper
- 1 lg. yellow pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus snap the ends off
- curly parsley for garnish
- In a bowl, marinate the shrimp in the lemon juice and the garlic.
- In a saucepan, saute shrimp in olive oil over medium heat until cooked.
- In the same pan, saute the red pepper and asparagus until tender.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Add the shrimp and vegetables and toss with some olive oil.
- If desired, add some Parmesan cheese.
- Add the parlsey and serve.
Calories: 780kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 85g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 857mg | Sodium: 2652mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 536mg | Iron: 9mg