This apple martini is not only eye-catching but is also a delicious sweet-tart fruity booze. The classy red look of this cocktail is ideal for summer pool parties and even for a romantic dinner. Serve this elegant concoction before a great meal and give your appetite a boost. If you’re looking for other recipes of fruity martinis to complete your cocktail selection, try making this orange martini. Something less fruity, then? Try this Espresso Martini with Baileys that’s sweet, rich, and smooth, and packed with a dose of caffeine.
Tips on Making Apple Martini
Apple martinis, or appletini, is made by mixing apple liqueur with vodka. The typical recipe for making it, mostly in their Washington apple variation, tends to taste overly sweet and tangy, and less of an actual apple. But in this red apple martini recipe, we’re bringing out the natural fruity flavor and aroma of fresh apples by mixing cranberry juice with our appletini ingredients. Aside from that, we have more valuable tips to give you in making the perfect cocktail at home:
- Use ice cubes that are fresh from the freezer, and do not shake your drink for too long. This is to cool your drinks the fastest with the least dilution.
- Always serve your red appletini drinks in a chilled martini glass. The goal is to keep everything as cold as possible without using ice that would water down the taste. You can do this by either storing them in the freezer or filling them up with ice cubes just before mixing your cocktail.
- Dip the apple slices in lemon-infused water. This will prevent the red appletini garnishes from turning brown.
This sweet martini drink pairs well with a spicy dish to kick up the flavors and excite your palates. Serve this red apple cocktail alongside an easy-to-cook Italian favorite spicy penne or with delicious baked oysters.
How To Make Red Apple Martini
Red apple martini is a delightfully light and fruity drink to set your mood for tonight. You only need part apple liqueur and part cranberry juice to mix this classic cocktail from scratch.
- Place salt onto a plate or saucer.
- Moisten the rim of martini glasses with the lime or lemon wedges, then invert and place onto the saucer of salt. Turn a couple of times then invert back for the salt particles to stick onto the rim. Set aside.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients into your shaker. Cover and shake no more than 15 seconds to combine.
- Remove cap, then pour into martini glasses. Garnish with a couple of apple slices and a lemon wedge on top of your drinks and serve.
- Sugar: 133g
- Calcium: 99mg
- Calories: 1465kcal
- Carbohydrates: 144g
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 1024mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 2365mg
- Vitamin A: 271IU
- Vitamin C: 63mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Apple Pucker the same as apple schnapps?
Sour Apple Pucker is the sweet and sour variant of apple-flavored Schnapps used for green apple martini recipes. On the other hand, the Red Apple Schnapps used for this recipe has a crisp, tart flavor closer to that of a real fruit red apple.
What vodka should I use for sweet martinis?
One of the best-selling ones are Belvedere, Absolut, and Ravo. Belvedere has a zingy lemon taste, while Absolut keeps your drink mild and a bit grainy. Ravo is unflavored so it’s neutral in taste and it could accommodate a flavored mix.
How do you garnish an apple martini?
Aside from the obvious apple slices, there is no standard garnish for martini cocktails. It is ultimately up to individual preference, but among the popular ones are olives and lemon twists. Olives add a fruity, briny flavor to this drink, while lemon twists brighten up its citrusy notes.
ConclusionMaking this recipe for red apple martini is one of the best ways to enjoy a sweet cocktail at home. It’s simple to make and will give you a smooth and strong boozy fruity flavor of vodka and apples combined. Serve this delightful cocktail with apple slices for your date evening.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!