How to Make Fresh Mango Cobbler
Indulge in a fruity dessert with the Fresh Mango Cobbler Recipe. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this popular dessert made easy.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 1½ quart baking dish lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel and slice—or dice—the mangoes. You should have about 4 cups.
- In a medium saucepan, combine ⅔ cup of the sugar with the cornstarch.
- Stir to blend.
- Add the water and lemon juice along with the mango.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the fruit is just tender.
- Pour the hot sliced mango and syrup into a 1½ quart baking dish; dot with butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, the remaining ⅓ cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt; blend well.
- Cut the shortening into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal
- Add the milk and stir to blend.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough over the hot fruit mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown.
- Serve the mango cobbler warm or cold with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Sugar: 56g
- Calcium: 104mg
- Calories: 388kcal
- Carbohydrates: 76g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 289mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 312mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1568IU
- Vitamin C: 51mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Rice & Risotto
Breads & Doughs
BBQ & Grilled
Pies & Pastries