This is the perfect meal to make for a quick weeknight dinner. Switch up the flavors by using different flavored sausages and spices.
How To Make Chicken Sausage and Sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chicken sausages cooked and cut into round slices
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 ½ cup sauerkraut rinsed
- 1 ½ cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the sausages and onions for about 5 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Add in the carrots, sauerkraut, wine, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir and bring the contents to a simmer.
- Cover and allow the carrots to tenderize and the liquid to evaporate. Leave it for about 15 minutes but stir occasionally.
- When it is ready, turn off the heat, remove the bay leaf and serve hot.