Potato croquettes are great appetizers or snacks as these are light yet filling balls, breaded, and deep-fried into perfection! In this recipe, you can use salt-baked sweet potatoes to compliment the saltiness of cheddar cheese and the light spices you will be mixing together. Coat these balls before frying and serve with some dipping sauce! This only takes about 15 minutes to make, perfect for when you are running out of ideas for the whole family!
How To Make Sweet Potato And Cheddar Croquettes
A light and crunchy potato croquettes dish with cheddar cheese, breaded and deep-fried into perfection!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 5 mins
Total: 15 mins
- 2 lb sweet potatoes, salt-baked, peeled, and mashed
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1¼ cups breadcrumbs, store-bought or homemade
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 5 cups vegetable oil, (up to 8 cups), for frying
- salt and ground black pepper, to season
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce, or any dipping sauce of your choice
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ tsp parsley, or cilantro, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes, cheese, ½ cup of flour, cumin, coriander, and paprika.
- Season with salt and pepper, then mix to combine.
- Portion roughly 2 tablespoons of potato mixture and shape into balls.
- Preheat your oil, ready for frying, and prepare a basket lined with paper towels.
- Prepare also your breading station, place the remaining flour in a bowl, another bowl with eggs, and yet another bowl with breadcrumbs.
- When ready, dredge the potato balls in flour, dip in eggs, and coat in breadcrumbs. Repeat until you have crusted all your potato balls.
- Deep fry in batches over hot oil for 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Once done, drain onto your lined basket. Repeat until you have fried all your croquettes.
- Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce and ranch dressing or any dipping sauce of your choice. Then, garnish wit parsley or cilantro per serving.
- Sugar: 10g
- Calcium: 131mg
- Calories: 2319kcal
- Carbohydrates: 85g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Fat: 223g
- Fiber: 8g
- Iron: 5mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 26g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g
- Potassium: 755mg
- Protein: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 179g
- Sodium: 337mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 25919IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!