How To Make Uncle Roger's Fried Rice (Copycat)
Now you can judge Uncle Roger with this Uncle Roger’s fried rice recipe. This version is drizzled with a savory sauce and topped with crispy fried shallots for a tasty dish.
To Cook Rice:
- Wash the rice twice in a colander. Transfer rice to a rice cooker and add equal parts water. Cook for 20 minutes. Put rice on a baking sheet and cover. Refrigerate overnight.
Fried Rice Sauce:
- Add galangal, sesame oil, sambal, garlic, sweet soy, and double aged soy sauce into a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Thinly slice shallots and add in a cold wok with vegetable oil. Turn heat on and set on medium high. Stir until shallots are golden brown. Remove and drain on a plate with paper towels. Season with salt.
- Heat oil inside a wok over medium high until smoking. Swirl oil around and remove. Add duck fat and melt. Toast garlic for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add diced shallots, red chiles, and sliced green onions. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in beaten eggs and season with salt. Stir fry until eggs are cooked.
- Add cooked cold rice and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with black pepper and MSG. Stir to mix together.
- Turn heat off. Drizzle fried rice sauce and mix until fried rice is coated evenly. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with fried shallots and sliced green onions. Serve.
- Sugar: 15g
- Calcium: 286mg
- Calories: 2484kcal
- Carbohydrates: 479g
- Cholesterol: 268mg
- Fat: 35g
- Fiber: 17g
- Iron: 18mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 15g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g
- Potassium: 1164mg
- Protein: 52g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 1057mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 992IU
- Vitamin C: 76mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!