When the sun is up on a beautiful summer day, nothing beats a refreshing sip of a delicious strawberry watermelon slushie! This is a summer fruit we love for its sweet refreshing taste and vibrant red color. It is made up of mostly water, about 92%, which makes it perfect for slushies. We’re adding in strawberries and freshly squeezed lime juice to make this drink even better, just like McDonald’s Watermelon Strawberry Slushie. Brighten up the lunch spread with watermelon berry slushies to wash down your baby back ribs and other summer recipes. Everyone will love it!
Tips on Making Watermelon Slushies
Watermelon could sometimes be grainy or mealy when it’s overripe. They’re perfectly safe to eat, though not the most pleasant. But when turned into a homemade slushie, you’ll barely be able to distinguish if they’re grainy or not. Great, right? Here are more must-know tips for making your own strawberry watermelon slushie at home.
- Pick watermelons that have a creamy yellow spot on their skin. They should also feel heavier than they should be. It means that they are at the peak of their ripeness and, therefore, the sweetest and juiciest.
- There’s no need to deseed them. The watermelon seeds are totally safe to consume, so don’t worry if you’re not able to find seedless watermelon.
- If you’re taking them out on a picnic, blend the ingredients the night before. Transfer the puree into a container then freeze it. It will act as an extra ice pack and will thaw and soften into a slushie just in time for lunch.
- Feel free to use other sweeteners such as maple syrup, stevia, and honey.
- For other delicious ingredients, you might want to blend in some fresh mint leaves and fresh basil for added flavor. Make it fizzy with some lemon-lime soda. If you’re in for some booze, add some vodka or brandy. On the other hand, kids will surely love some watermelon slushie float with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How To Make Watermelon Berry Slushies
Beat the heat this summer with this easy delicious berry watermelon slushie recipe. This refreshing drink comes together in just 5 minutes.
- Blend watermelon, sugar, lime juice, and strawberries in a blender.
- Pour into serving glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and mint if desired. Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 30g
- Calcium: 35mg
- Calories: 138kcal
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 366mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 15mg
- Vitamin A: 1306IU
- Vitamin C: 61mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Can you freeze watermelon chunks for slushies?
Yes! You can cut up watermelon or your choice of fruits into chunks, place them into ziplock bags, freeze them, and take out a bag each time you want to make a slushie.
What can you add to the watermelon slushie to make it taste better?
If you have come across a bland watermelon, some lime juice and zest would greatly pump up its taste. Adding a dash of salt would stimulate the taste buds and thus make it seem sweeter.
ConclusionYou only need watermelon, fresh lime, strawberries, and sugar for this easy slushie. Beat the heat this summer with this delicious frozen drink!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!