Sit down to any serious meal in Mexico and you’ll be offered twin glasses of sipping tequila and sangrita. The latter is a spicy “chaser” based on tomato and orange or lime juice, often with a little chili powder or pickled pepper juice for punch. The presentation might be rounded out with a few radishes, scallions or jicama slices to munch on.
This recipe is included in 12 Best Tequila Cocktails For A Cozy Home Bar, check out the other tequila cocktails you can try!
How To Make Tequila with Sangria
Balance the strong kick of tequila with the sweet and tangy taste of the sangria.
- In pitcher, stir together tomato juice, orange juice, lime juice, chili juice and onion.
- Moisten rims of 6 shot or cordial glasses with lime wedges.
- Place chili powder in shallow bowl.
Invert glasses; dip in chili powder to coat rims.
Arrange radishes and jicama on platter.
- Pour sangrita into chili-dusted glasses.
- Serve tequila in separate glasses.
- Invite guests to sip tequila and sangrita alternately, eating radishes and jicama between sips.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!