Sit down to any serious meal in Mexico and you’ll be offered twin glasses of sipping tequila and sangrita. The latter is a spicy “chaser” based on tomato and orange or lime juice, often with a little chili powder or pickled pepper juice for punch. The presentation might be rounded out with a few radishes, scallions or jicama slices to munch on.
This recipe is included in 12 Best Tequila Cocktails For A Cozy Home Bar, check out the other tequila cocktails you can try!
How To Make Tequila with Sangria
Balance the strong kick of tequila with the sweet and tangy taste of the sangria.
- In a pitcher, stir together tomato juice, orange juice, lime juice, brandy, wine, agave syrup, chili juice, and onion. Mix in your fruit slices and set aside or chill.
- Moisten glasses with lime wedges.
- Place chili powder in a shallow bowl.
- Invert glasses; dip in chili powder to coat rims.
- Arrange radishes and jicama on a platter.
- Pour sangrita into chili-dusted glasses.
- Serve tequila in separate glasses.
- Invite guests to sip tequila and sangrita alternately, eating radishes and jicama between sips.
- Sugar: 10g
- Calcium: 24mg
- Calories: 278kcal
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 329mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 34mg
- Vitamin A: 581IU
- Vitamin C: 21mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Assemble a juicy and delicious Easy Steak Tacos made out of tender, browned beef and crisp bell peppers. Taste the caramelized onions and fresh cilantro snuggled in a warm tortilla wrap. Savor this Mexican staple in the comforts of your own home!
The cocktail combines Bohemia beer and Sangrita with zesty fruit juices.
These strawberry peach vodka popsicles would be the highlight of your pool parties. With the sweet and citrusy taste of the two-fruit combination, you will almost forget that you’re consuming booze.