Make your own doughnuts with this tasty doughnuts recipe that uses non-fat Greek yogurt.
How To Make Greek Yogurt Doughnuts With Honey-Orange Glaze
Enjoy soft and tender Greek yogurt doughnuts with a honey-orange glaze! It's a must-try recipe that will change the way you make desserts.
Prep: 10 mins
Activate and Rise: 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 3 hrs
For The Dough:
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, preferably nonfat
- ¼ cup water, warm 72 to 74 degrees F
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tbsp active dry yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 cups vegetable oil, for frying
For The Syrup:
- ½ cup honey
- orange juice, from 1 orange
- orange zest, from 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp pistachios, crushed
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, yeast, and warm water. Whisk until dissolved. 0:22 Cover and set aside. Allow your yeast to activate for roughly 30 minutes.
- Once your yeast has activated, fold in with the rest of your dough ingredients in a large mixing bowl to combine.
- Cover and set aside in a warm area. Allow it to rise for at least 2 hours.
To Do The Glaze:
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepot. Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Continue simmering for roughly 10 to 15 minutes until reduced by half and slightly thickened.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and set aside your syrup in a warm area.
- Preheat your oil ready for frying.
- Using 2 similar tablespoons or an ice cream scooper, scoop your risen batter and release it into the oil.
- Deep fry in batches for roughly 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Drain these onto paper towels.
- While still warm, quickly toss the doughnuts with the warm syrup. Garnish with pistachios and serve!
- Sugar: 31g
- Calcium: 44mg
- Calories: 263kcal
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 115mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 255mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 57IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!