This delicious and healthy recipe replaces traditional buttermilk in pancakes with greek yogurt for a yummy and smooth breakfast. The yogurt’s velvety texture adds a bit of fluff to your usual pancake.You’ll be craving this banana pancake recipe for breakfast every now and then.
How To Make Greek Yogurt Banana Pancake
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 cup Voskos nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- dash salt
- In a bowl, combine the wet ingredients: egg, oil, yogurt, mashed banana and yogurt.
- In a separate, smaller bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Lumps are OK!
- If the batter is too thick, add a bit of milk.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or pan to medium and drop in the batter, about a quarter cup per pancake.
- Once you see bubbles on top and a golden brown edge, check that the pancake is coming off the pan smoothly and flip.
- If you are having trouble removing the pancakes, add a touch of oil or butter.