This peach pie recipe is everything that you want a peach pie to be. It is a delicate pie with sweet peach flavors that really shine through. The nutmeg in the filling adds a nice touch of flavor that makes this pie extra special.
Copycat Marie Callender’s Lattice Peach Pie Recipe
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 4 ½ cups peaches peeled and sliced
- 2 pie crust pastry sheets prepared according to package
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Confectioners’ sugar for topping
Combine the sugars in a large bowl along with the peaches.
Toss the bowl to completely coat the peaches in the sugar.
Cover the bowl and let stand for at least 1 hour.
In the meantime, line a 9-inch pie plate with 1 pastry sheet to form the bottom crust.
- Once your peaches have rested for an hour, drain the juice into another small bowl and reserve.
Combine the cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a small pot.
- Slowly stir in the reserved peach juice, whisking constantly to avoid clumping.
Bring the pot to a boil and let cook while stirring for about 2 minutes or until your mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add in the lemon juice and butter.
- Fold the peaches into this mixture and transfer to the pie crust.
Cut the remaining pastry into long strips and lay across the top of your pie in a crisscross lattice pattern.
- Trim, seal and flute the edges.
- Cover the pie loosely with foil and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the crust is a light golden brown color.
Remove from the oven and let cool before dusting with confectioners' sugar and serving.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!