How To Make Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies are guaranteed to be the best cookie recipe you’ll whip up! It’s perfectly flavorful and can be whipped up in under an hour.
- 1cupunsalted butter,melted, cooled for at least 10 minutes
- 1¼cupbrown sugar,tightly packed
- 1large egg,plus 1 yolk, room temperature
- 1½tspvanilla extract
- 2¾cupsall-purpose flour
- 1tspbaking soda
- 1¾cupsemisweet chocolate chips,plus additional for tops, optional
Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a large bowl. Stir well until combined.
Add the egg and egg yolk, then stir well.
Stir in the vanilla extract. Set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
Gradually add the flour mixture to wet ingredients, then stir well until there are no flour streaks.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Place the dough in the refrigerator, then chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper.
Scoop the dough by rounded 1½ tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets, placing at least 2 inches apart.
Bake for 11 minutes.
Gently press additional chocolate chips into the tops of the warm cookies.
Allow to cool completely on cookie sheets.
Serve, and enjoy!
- Cookies may still seem slightly soft in the centers after baking, which is fine as they will cook completely on the cookie sheets.
- Don’t over-bake or the cookies will be too hard.
- Calories: 122.62kcal
- Fat: 6.29g
- Saturated Fat: 3.83g
- Trans Fat: 0.17g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.78g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.27g
- Carbohydrates: 16.44g
- Fiber: 0.60g
- Sugar: 9.84g
- Protein: 1.26g
- Cholesterol: 14.98mg
- Sodium: 63.10mg
- Calcium: 8.53mg
- Potassium: 41.09mg
- Iron: 0.62mg
- Vitamin A: 36.28µg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!