This Hawaiian wedding cake will make you want seconds! Each soft bite is bursting with fresh flavors from the pineapple, coconut flakes, and maraschino cherries. In addition, it has a cream cheese frosting made with instant vanilla pudding mix and whipped topping that crowns it with a light and airy decadence. So go ahead and bring this to a summer outdoor potluck. It’s a great dessert after having juicy Hawaiian sliders and savory garlic bbq chicken.
Tips on Making Hawaiian Wedding Cake
This Hawaiian cake really is about store-bought grocery store ingredients coming together in perfect harmony. Using a yellow cake mix is convenient as it lessens the amount of ingredients you need. Other than that, here are more must-know tips on making this Hawaiian pineapple cake:
- Firstly, we suggest using crushed pineapple in pineapple juice or extra light syrup. The cake will taste better than if you use pineapples in heavy syrup which could be too sweet.
- Use softened cream cheese. Otherwise, the frosting will appear grainy. To quickly soften the cream cheese, cut the block into 1-inch squares. Then zap it in the microwave on Medium in 10-second intervals just until soft.
- Add other delicious ingredients to your Hawaiian pineapple cake. You can add other tropical fruits like mandarin orange slices and mangoes, for instance. Add them along with the pineapples.
- Build a Hawaiian layer cake. You can divide the batter into two 8-inch round cake pans to make two layers, or more if you want! In line with that, you might also want to double the pudding frosting to make sure you have enough. Stack the layers together and let them chill for at least a day to set.
- Lastly, make it a day or two ahead of time before serving to let it chill longer. As a result, the flavors get to sit together and the overall taste gets better! The cream cheese and whipped cream topping also become almost like ice cream.
If you’re looking for other Hawaiian cake ideas, you should check out this million dollar pie! It’s an ice cream pie-like no-bake dessert also made with coconut, pineapple, and whipping cream on a graham crust.
How To Make Hawaiian Wedding Cake
Easily make this Hawaiian wedding cake using yellow cake mix, whipped topping, cream cheese, and instant vanilla pudding. Prepare for a delightful explosion of tropical flavors and creaminess in your mouth in every bite.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine all the yellow cake mix ingredients according to the package in a food processor. Blend until a smooth batter forms.
Pour batter into a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll cake pan or cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan.
In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
Add the milk and pudding mix and beat the mixture until smooth.
Using a spatula, fold in the whipped topping.
Top the cake with crushed pineapple together with its juice. Spread it evenly.
Top the cake with the frosting.
Sprinkle coconut flakes, nuts, and cherries on top. Chill until ready to serve.
Serve and enjoy!
- Calcium: 105mg
- Calories: 268kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 96mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 324mg
- Sugar: 27g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 209IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this Hawaiian wedding cake with fresh pineapple?
Yes! You can use fresh pineapple and cut it into small pieces. However, some fresh pineapples are sour. So you must taste and sweeten them if needed. To sweeten, start by adding 1 tablespoon of sugar at a time. Then, just allow the fruit and sugar to sit for 15 minutes before using.
How do I make a gluten free Hawaiian wedding cake?
You can easily make the cake gluten free by using a gluten free yellow cake mix. Jello pudding is already gluten free. Therefore, the only thing you will change to make this dessert gluten free is the cake. There are gluten free yellow cake mixes available in stores so you can easily get them.
This Hawaiian wedding cake recipe proves that with just a handful of grocery store ingredients, you can make a stunning dessert. It’s creamy, fruity, and delightful — a dessert that the whole family will enjoy.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!