This Million Dollar Pie has flavors that will definitely make you feel like a millionaire! Picture a layer of graham cracker crust loaded with pineapple cream pie filling, topped with more whipped cream, pecans, toasted coconut flakes, and bright red maraschino cherries. You can pair a slice of this millionaire pie with a hot cup of hazelnut cinnamon coffee as a fancy afternoon snack or make a big batch to bring to an exciting potluck.
Tips on Making a Million Dollar Pie
Just a heads up, you won’t be finding cream cheese in our list of ingredients. Cream cheese might be a regular ingredient in making a cake, but the original Hawaiian million-dollar pie doesn’t call for it. This easy recipe only requires whipped cream, coconut flakes, and a few other ingredients. Now, to help you perfect this yummy dessert, here are some tips to take note of:
- Drain the liquid well from the canned pineapples. Press the pineapples against a fine-mesh strainer to extract the juice. Otherwise, the pie will end up watery.
- Thaw your carton of Cool Whip overnight in the fridge. It will end up with a more stable and easy-to-work-with consistency.
- Top the pie with toasted coconut flakes just before serving so that they remain crunchy. Top it with as much or as little as you like!
- Homemade graham cracker pie crust definitely tastes better, but you can use a premade graham cracker pie shell for easier prep.
- Get the best taste by making this no bake pineapple cream pie ahead of time. Chill time of at least two days will allow the flavors to develop as the ingredients sit and set together. Plus, this lessens the work on the day of the occasion itself.
How To Make Million Dollar Pie
This no-bake cold, creamy Million Dollar pie made with cool whip and pineapples has pops of nuttiness and crunch from the pineapple and coconut flakes. Serve it for snacks or as a dessert.
- In a big bowl, mix together lemon juice and condensed milk.
- Fold in Cool Whip, pineapple, pecans, and coconut flakes.
- Pour into 2 graham cracker pie shells.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 24g
- Calcium: 108mg
- Calories: 307kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Fat: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 194mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 176mg
- Vitamin A: 94IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Does million dollar pie have cream cheese in it?
The original Hawaiian pineapple cream pie recipes do not contain cream cheese. But if you’re up for a more indulgent and creamy mouthfeel, by all means, you can add a pack of cream cheese to your filling.
Can I store my million dollar pie in the freezer?
The million dollar pie freezes well. Just allow it to thaw and soften for a while and the texture will become luscious like ice cream! This is also perfect to bring out to a picnic trip kept in an insulated bag. Do not refreeze though after thawing, as this will cause the pie to split and be watery.
ConclusionThis delectable million dollar pie is loaded with fruity, nutty, and creamy flavors that are a bang for the buck. You’ll love the sweetness of the condensed milk and the soft texture of coconut all mixed in one delicious pie. Pair this with your favorite coffee and just see everything turn better!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!