Imagine this: soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies that are as big as a pizza dish. Yes, you have read that right. For chocolate chip cookie lovers out there, this is absolute heaven. In this recipe, we’ll show you how you can recreate this humongous chocolate chip cookie.
You don’t need to worry. This dish is easy, simple, and totally hassle-free. Just follow these steps and we can guarantee that you will have fun in making this dish inspired by Papa John’s pizza cookies.
This pizza cookie dish is perfect for picnics, parties, and movie marathons with friends and family. Serve this with ice cream on top and your favorite beverage, and it’s a sleepover to remember!
How To Make Copycat Papa John's Pizza Cookie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips semisweet
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter with the granulated sugar.
- Next, mix the eggs and brown sugar into the butter mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine until they form a sticky cookie dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips last.
- Prepare a 12-inch pie pan by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray or lining it with parchment paper.
- Spread the cookie dough evenly in the pie pan so that it reaches all sides.
- Don't worry if it looks thin, as the cookie will rise during baking.
- Bake the cookie at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
Is There A Type of Chocolate That Is Not Too Sweet?
Depending on your preference, you can go for a semisweet and bittersweet chocolate instead of the normal milk chocolate ones sold at the store. Compared to the commercial ones, semisweet and bittersweet chocolates contain less sugar.
Enjoy this absolutely fantastic dessert from Papa John's. Now you don't have to go out and order a pan of this pizza-sized dessert. Discover how you can make it at home, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, and enjoy!