Dark, moist carrot bread is a Mimi’s Cafe specialty. Now the tastiest carrot bread ever can be yours to create at home with a couple of grated carrots, molasses, raisins and chopped walnuts.
How To Make Copycat Mimi's Cafe Carrot Raisin Bread
- 2 large mixing bowls
- Plastic spatula
- 8-inch loaf pans
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 2 tbsp sugar granulated
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup carrot shredded
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine oil, sugar, eggs, molasses, and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Add shredded carrot and mix. Add raisins and walnuts and mix well by hand.
- Pour flour mixture into the other ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into two ungreased 8-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until done.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 184mg | Potassium: 150mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 921IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg