My boss made this for Christmas brunch a couple years ago and I serve it every Christmas morning for my neighbors to gather at my home for brunch.
Baked Victorian French Toast Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup karo
- 3/4 inch slices of french bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- In a small sauce pan cook and stir sugar, syrup and butter until butter is melted.
- Pour brown sugar mixture into an ungreased 12x7 1/2x2-inch baking dish.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on top of brown sugar mixture.
- If necessary, cut bread to fit into dish (may need more than six slices of bread, snuggly fit in dish), set dish aside.
- In medium bowl beat eggs, add milk and cinnamon.
- Pour egg mixture over bread in baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Remove cover, bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the center is set and the top is lightly browned.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
- If desired top with fruit or powder sugar.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!