The sharp taste of rhubarb balances the sweet blueberries and sugar. You can choose to stock them up in jars and save them for your next peanut butter and jelly sandwich. You can even use it to spread over your favorite breakfast dishes or after-meal desserts.
How To Make Rhubarb and Blueberry Jam
- Place rhubarb and water in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add blueberries, lemon juice, and pectin; mix well.
- Bring to boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, add sugar, return to full boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle jam into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4" headspace.
- Seal immediately with 2-piece lids according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
- Sugar: 284g
- Calcium: 100mg
- Calories: 1181kcal
- Carbohydrates: 305g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 372mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 38mg
- Vitamin A: 154IU
- Vitamin C: 18mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!