This layered taco dip with meat is a perfect snack for game days and is appropriately festive for Cinco de Mayo. We guarantee that it will be the star among your other dishes that day. Serve this authentic Mexican ground beef dip with an equally festive mango margarita and a delicious chicken posole Mexican entree. Guests will surely enjoy eating this cheesy, tasty snack.
Tips on Making A Beef Taco Dip with Meat
Each of the layers in this dip are mouth watering. The cream cheese and sour cream mixed with taco seasoning are the perfect balance to the beef and sharp-flavored cheddar cheese and black olives. Continue reading our tips to make this amazing taco dip with meat.
- Use lean ground beef for this recipe. It’s low in saturated fat and won’t make your dip too oily once the meat is cooked.
- To turn this into a vegetarian taco dip, you can use beans instead of beef. Don’t forget to put taco seasoning on your beans so they’re still full of the same flavor you would get with a taco dip with meat.
- If you want this dip with a bit more heat, add ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper as you cook your ground beef. You can add more of the same amount in increments to adjust the spiciness level to your preference.
- We prefer using sharp cheddar cheese over regular cheddar. As the name suggests, it has a sharper, aged cheesy flavor, which is perfect for taco dip with meat. You can use the same cheese for classic favorites like southern mac and cheese.
- We garnished this cream cheese taco dip with tomatoes, lettuce, and olives, but you can certainly add more or switch it up. Bell peppers, salsa, guacamole and onions are all perfect additions for this recipe.
How To Make Beef Taco Dip with Meat
It only takes 10 minutes to make this taco dip with meat, blended cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and refreshing salsa! Finger licking good!
Brown the beef over medium-high heat.
When the beef is almost cooked, add the taco seasoning and mix well. Afterward, remove the beef from the heat and let it cool. While it cools down, blend the cream cheese and sour cream together in a bowl.
Once the beef has cooled, layer it onto the bottom of a 9x13 inch casserole.
Layer the cream cheese and sour cream mixture over the beef followed by the salsa, tomatoes, black olives, lettuce, and cheddar cheese.
Serve your dip with your favorite nachos or tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 288mg
- Calories: 610kcal
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- Fat: 53g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 18g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 453mg
- Protein: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 26g
- Sodium: 546mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1208IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Why is my taco dip runny?
Usually taco dips get runny because of the water from the lettuce and tomatoes. After washing lettuce, they should be dried well before using it in your taco dip with meat. We suggest using a salad spinner to speed up the process then wipe it down with a paper towel.
Do you drain meat before adding taco seasoning?
You should definitely drain the fat or grease coming from the ground beef before adding taco seasoning.
ConclusionIf you like ground beef tacos, you're going to love this creamy cheesy dip recipe as well. Our taco dip with meat is a quick, spicy appetizer dip recipe made with ground beef that’s full of flavor, cream cheese, salsa, and grated cheddar cheese. It’s the ultimate snack for game days and festive parties.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!