Want to know what’s better than Doritos? This Dorito casserole dish is! It’s made up of layers of crunchy chips, lean ground beef, a zesty salsa, all covered in thick cheese and baked into golden perfection. Every dip of Dorito chips gets a cheese pull and a little bit of everything. Yum! Take it to potlucks and watch it disappear fast. This cheesy beefy baked casserole recipe can also be made using tortilla chips, zucchini chips, or your preferred chips.
Tips on Making Dorito Casserole
This easy Dorito beef casserole is a stunner that even beginners can make. The basic rule is that you need chips, meat, salsa, and cheese. However, you can use your preferred variant. As long as you have these four primary ingredients, you’re good to go. Here’s how you can master making a Nacho casserole with Doritos:
- Use lean meat. You do not want your baked Dorito ground beef casserole to end up excessively greasy. Ground turkey and shredded chicken are great alternatives.
- Try not to smash the Doritos too small, or they might turn mushy when baked.
- Opt for a less watery salsa. If what you’ve got is watery, passing it through a fine-mesh sieve would help render excess water.
- You can assemble this casserole dish three days ahead and bake it fresh right when you serve it.
- Crown the glorious chip casserole with delicious toppings! We recommend putting Monterey jack cheese, diced tomatoes, green onions, olives, guacamole, shredded lettuce, and cilantro.
How To Make Dorito Casserole
Layers of ground beef, salsa, Doritos, and cheese baked into one delicious casserole. Make it any time with this easy Dorito casserole recipe.
- Lightly crush up the Dorito chips. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat up the pan, and add oil.
- Saute the ground beef on high heat until there are no longer parts that are pink.
- Stir constantly for about 8 minutes.
- Add the onions and bell pepper. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Take the beef mixture off the heat.
- Add in taco seasoning, salsa, and sour cream. Mix well to combine.
- Layer half of the Doritos in the bottom of a casserole.
- Add half of the beef, then top with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat.
- Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake the Dorito casserole for 20 minutes.
- Then remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 431mg
- Calories: 816kcal
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Fat: 52g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 19g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g
- Potassium: 590mg
- Protein: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 1434mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 987IU
- Vitamin C: 14mg
Frequently Asked Questions
What goes with Dorito casserole?
Dorito casserole goes well on top of rice. You can also pair it with french fries, baked spaghetti, and chicken wings. Now that’s a fun homemade fast food dinner!
What can you do with Dorito crumbs?
Dorito crumbs make a crunchy and tasty breading for fried food! Use it as a breading for fried chicken, nuggets, or onion rings. Try making this squash casserole for another baked Dorito dish.
ConclusionWith our Dorito casserole recipe, your favorite Dorito chips have never been this good! Whip it up in just under an hour or make it ahead for the weekend. Share it with your friends, it’ll surely be a hit!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!