Feeding the family is made a breeze with this dinner recipe that’s on the table in less than 30 minutes. This quick chicken quesadilla needs only 5 minutes of preparation and just under 25 minutes of cooking. No more reaching for the takeout menu!
How to Make Quick Chicken Quesadillas
- 6 oz. Southwest-flavor chicken breast strips (from 9- or 12-oz. pkg.) refrigerated, cooked
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 Old El Paso® flour tortillas for burritos (eight 8-inch tortillas) 11.5 oz. pkg.
- Cooking spray
- 2 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz.) finely shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. In small bowl, mix chicken and salsa.
- Spray 1 side of 1 tortilla with cooking spray; place sprayed side down in 10-inch nonstick skillet.
- Layer with one-fourth of the chicken mixture and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Top with another tortilla; spray top of tortilla with cooking spray.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, carefully turning after 2 minutes, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
- To serve, cut quesadillas into wedges. Serve with sour cream and, if desired, additional salsa.
Commonly Asked Questions
I don’t have the same brand items as mentioned in the recipe. Is this a problem?
Absolutely not, you can choose to make all the ingredients mentioned from scratch. Using the brands we recommended simply cut down on the preparation time. You can choose to make everything fresh ahead of time and store for when you’re ready for dinner.
This recipe proves that you don't need to be a chef to serve up delicious meals. Sometimes you just want to throw together some pre-packed ingredients. And there is definitely no shame in that! Especially when you end up with something as delicious as these Quick Chicken Quesadillas.