Chipotle is well-known for its hearty meats that fill its burritos and tacos up with spicy flavor. We’ve created tacos stuffed with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and ground beef cooked in our own fiery mixture inspired by Chipotle’s signature adobo sauce.
How To Make Chipotle-Inspired Ground Beef Soft Tacos
- 7 oz. Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce peppers discarded
- 2 oz. Dried Ancho Chiles soaked overnight and seeded
- 6 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tbsp. Onion Powder
- 2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 12 Flour Tortillas
- 2 cup Tomato chopped
- 2 cup Romaine Lettuce shredded
- 2 cup Shredded Cheese
- In a food processor or blender, combine the adobo sauce, ancho chiles, garlic, onion powder, oregano, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and puree until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until browned.
- Add adobo sauce and stir to coat.
- Wrap flour tortillas up in paper towels, place on a microwaveable plate, and warm for 1 minute.
- Spoon into each flour tortilla, in order, even amounts of the ground beef, chopped tomatoes, and shredded lettuce.
- Sprinkle even amounts of the shredded cheese over each taco and serve.