Chipotle is well-known for its hearty meats that fill its burritos and tacos up with spicy flavor. We’ve created tacos stuffed with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and ground beef cooked in our own fiery mixture inspired by Chipotle’s signature adobo sauce.
How To Make Chipotle-Inspired Ground Beef Soft Tacos
- 7 oz chipotle peppers in adobo sauce peppers discarded
- 2 oz dried ancho chiles soaked overnight and seeded
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 12 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- In a food processor or blender, combine the adobo sauce, ancho chiles, garlic, onion powder, oregano, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and puree the mixture until it turns smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until it browns.
- Add the adobo sauce to the mixture and stir to coat the meat.
- Next, wrap the flour tortillas in paper towels, place them on a microwaveable plate, and warm them for 1 minute.
- Spoon the following onto each flour tortilla in order: even amounts of the ground beef, chopped tomatoes, and shredded lettuce.
- Lastly, sprinkle even amounts of the shredded cheese over each taco and serve. Enjoy!