This delicious stir fry features ingredients like cabbage, tofu and carrots. Create this dinner for a flavorful and unique dinner.
How To Make Cabbage and Tofu Stir Fry
This Cabbage and Tofu Stir Fry is surprisingly hearty and filling. Cabbage, mushrooms, and tofu are tossed in a savory soy based sauce for a healthy meal.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 40 mins
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water, or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1 tbsp ginger, fresh, peeled, and grated
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 12 oz cabbage, finely sliced
- 5 oz shiitake mushrooms, fresh or canned, sliced
- 5 oz red onion, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 5 oz red bell pepper, or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 15 oz tofu, extra firm, patted dry, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 green onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Fry the tofu with 1 cup of vegetable oil until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, and water until combined. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add garlic, ginger, onion, and mushrooms. Stir-fry, stirring frequently for 30 seconds.
- Add cabbage, bell pepper, and chili flakes. Saute briefly.
- Cook and cover for about 8 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add in the starch mixture and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Add the tofu and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve.
- Sugar: 13g
- Calcium: 252mg
- Calories: 947kcal
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fat: 89g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g
- Potassium: 574mg
- Protein: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 68g
- Sodium: 1045mg
- Vitamin A: 1641IU
- Vitamin C: 106mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!