In this recipe, flour tortillas stand in for the traditional biscuit dough. To quickly thaw frozen mixed vegetables, place them in a colander and rinse with warm water for about a minute.
How To Make Quick Chicken and Dumplings
A wonderful recipe for easy and quick chicken and dumplings. A southern classic that's sure to be a comfort food staple. This recipe makes use of flour tortillas in place of the regular dumplings to cut down on time, but still remains to be an incredible dish worth trying.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chicken and vegetables; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
- While chicken mixture cooks, combine water, flour, and broth.
- Gradually stir broth mixture into chicken mixture.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and bay leaf; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in tortilla strips, and cook 2 minutes or until tortilla strips soften.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
- Discard bay leaf. Serve immediately.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 92mg
- Calories: 352kcal
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 549mg
- Protein: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 717mg
- Vitamin A: 3827IU
- Vitamin C: 11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!