A great way to elevate this thick white bean and chickpea soup is by drizzling it with homemade chili oil. It adds a subtle heat that will make it more satisfying when you want to warm up your tummy. To make it more filling, pair it with a slice or two of these French Bread.
White Bean and Chickpea Soup with Chili Oil
This white bean and chickpea soup is perfect on cold rainy days.
- Prepare the soup first. Heat up oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, and rosemary. Saute until translucent. Adjust heat as necessary to avoid the vegetables from caramelizing.
- Add the broth, chickpeas, and beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Continue simmering until vegetables turn tender and soup thickens roughly 15 minutes.
- Prepare the chili oil while waiting for the soup. Combine all ingredients in a saucepot. Heat up over very low heat and allow the spices to infuse into the oil, stirring constantly for roughly 5 minutes.
- Drain the oil and discard all the solids. Set aside.
- Once your soup thickens, puree using either a stick or hand blender.
- Reheat once more, then add milk and cream. Stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust accordingly.
- Portion accordingly and drizzle with the chili oil. Serve immediately.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 114mg
- Calories: 322kcal
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Fat: 24g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 12g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 349mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 636mg
- Vitamin A: 615IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Satisfy your sweet tooth craving with this banana split cake, made of vanilla ice cream sandwiches, chocolate cool whip, and juicy fruits.
Bars and Brownies
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
Breads & Doughs
Sweet cherries, pineapples, and honeydew in a creamy fruit salad bowl