How To Make Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
This belly-filling cabbage soup is loaded with savory corned beef for the best soup meal. Enjoy a fuss-free, slow cooked dish just in time for dinner.
- 4cupschicken stock
- 1.5lbcorned beef,cut into large chunks
- 1.5lbYukon gold potatoes,diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2carrots,peeled and diced
- 2celery stalks,diced
- 1medium white onion,peeled and diced
- 1small green cabbage,head, quartered, cored and shredded
- 1bay leaf
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper,generous pinch
- fresh parsley,chopped
Add the chicken stock, beef, corned beef, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, cabbage, bay leaf, salt, and black pepper to a large slow cooker bowl, then toss to combine.
Cover and cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours, or until the beef is tender and shreds easily.
Transfer the beef chunks from the stew to a separate plate, then use two forks to shred it into bite-sized pieces.
Return the beef to the stew, then stir to combine.
Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, then remove the bay leaf.
Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley, and enjoy!
- Calories: 414.20kcal
- Fat: 19.06g
- Saturated Fat: 5.94g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9.10g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.04g
- Carbohydrates: 32.19g
- Fiber: 3.83g
- Sugar: 5.43g
- Protein: 23.89g
- Cholesterol: 66.03mg
- Sodium: 1646.50mg
- Calcium: 53.32mg
- Potassium: 1155.28mg
- Iron: 3.63mg
- Vitamin A: 195.66µg
- Vitamin C: 63.60mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!