Split pea soup has always been a favorite of mine. This is different than the traditional pea soup made with ham. I like this one better – it’s a very satisfying meal. Serve with fresh baked bread and butter or crackers. Delicious!
How To Make Savory Split Pea Soup With Kielbasa
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 hrs
Total: 10 hrs 5 mins
- 1 large potato, diced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 16 oz 16 oz. package of dried split peas, rinsed and sorted
- 1 lb Polish smoked kielbasa, small cubes
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 2 bay leaves
- 40 oz low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- Place the ingredients in a slow cooker in listed order with the first ingredients on the bottom.
- If you happen to be using potatoes, place them on the bottom first then continue as follows.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the ingredients on low for 8-10 hours. Alternatively, you can cook on medium for 6-8 hours until the peas become tender.
- Once your soup is done cooking, serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 1g
- Calories: 1kcal
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fat: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Vitamin A: 5IU
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!