Split pea soup has always been a favorite of mine. This is different than the traditional pea soup made with ham. I like this one better – it’s a very satisfying meal. Serve with fresh baked bread and butter or crackers. Delicious!
How To Make Savory Split Pea Soup With Kielbasa
- 1 large potato diced
- 3 medium carrots sliced
- 3 celery ribs sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 16 oz 16 oz. package of dried split peas rinsed and sorted
- 1 lb Polish smoked kielbasa small cubes
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 2 bay leaves
- 40 oz low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- Place the ingredients in a slow cooker in listed order with the first ingredients on the bottom.
- If you happen to be using potatoes, place them on the bottom first then continue as follows.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the ingredients on low for 8-10 hours. Alternatively, you can cook on medium for 6-8 hours until the peas become tender.
- Once your soup is done cooking, serve and enjoy!