This tried-and-true creamy split pea soup recipe makes for the ultimate comfort meal. It’s a classic soup that is both simple and delicious.
How To Make Creamy Split Pea Soup
This homemade creamy split pea soup recipe makes a thick soup with savory flavors from the ham bone and cream cheese.
- Add all the ingredients except the cream cheese into a large pot on high heat.
- Once the soup almost reaches a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Take out the ham bone and bay leaf.
- Dice the meat of the ham bone and set aside.
- Cube the cream cheese and slowly whisk into soup.
- Stir in the diced ham and serve warm garnished with parsley.
- Sugar: 10g
- Calcium: 110mg
- Calories: 301kcal
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 455mg
- Protein: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 803mg
- Vitamin A: 4136IU
- Vitamin C: 40mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!