This tried-and-true creamy split pea soup recipe makes for the ultimate comfort meal. It’s a classic soup that is both simple and delicious.
Creamy Split Pea Soup Recipe
- 2 ½ cups peas dried, split
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup shallots chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ham bone with meat
- 8 oz. cream cheese
Add all the ingredients except the cream cheese into a large pot on high heat.
Once the soup almost reaches a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Take out the ham bone and bay leaf.
Dice the meat of the ham bone and set aside.
- Cube the cream cheese and slowly whisk into soup.
Stir in the diced ham and serve warm.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!