This silky-smooth split pea soup recipe is guaranteed to warm you down to your toes with every sip. Enjoy the taste of tender split peas pureed together with select veggies and flavorful spices.
How To Make Pureed Split Pea Soup
This split pea soup recipe is loaded with carrots, onions, and potatoes making it a hearty and comforting dish.
- 1 lb dried green split peas
- 12 cups chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat up your oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté until translucent.
- Add carrots, potatoes, split peas, and dried oregano. Continue sauteing.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce briefly.
- Add broth and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and let the soup simmer for 40 minutes until split peas are tender.
- Puree until smooth using either a stick or hand blender.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle your soup into a soup bowl. Swirl sour cream and olive oil on top. Serve.
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 77mg
- Calories: 315kcal
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 16g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 1098mg
- Protein: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 1325mg
- Vitamin A: 5450IU
- Vitamin C: 34mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!