High in fiber and filled with healthy vegetable, this soup is perfect for a cold, winter night.
How To Make Moosewood Indonesian Sweet Potato and Cabbage Soup
- 1 tbsp ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 1/2 cup cabbage chopped
- 2 1/2 cup Stahlbush Island Farms Sweet Potatoes diced
- 4 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 oz bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp scallions
- In a pot, cook the ginger root, garlic, and cayenne pepper in vegetable oil for a few minutes before adding the onions and salt. Do this for about 5 minutes until the onions soften.
- Stir in the cabbage, sweet potatoes, and 3 1/2 cups of broth. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil. After some time, turn down the temperature and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the peanut butter and remaining broth. Then add in the soy sauce along with the tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes. Top the soup with cilantro and bean sprouts, scallions, mint, or basil and serve. Bon apetit!
Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 264mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 649IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg