Panera Bread may have said goodbye to the delicious Sierra Turkey sandwich but that does not mean you can’t have it. Read on and discover how you can have this absolutely delectable sandwich in the comfort of your own home.
In this recipe, we’ll show you how you can recreate this signature sandwich inspired by Panera Bread’s now-defunct dish. Don’t worry, this dish is very easy to make. All you have to do is whip out some turkey cuts and we are good to go.
This Sierra Turkey recipe is delicious and flavorful, we guarantee that you’ll always want this for breakfast or lunch. You can even serve this in parties or picnics — the crowd will absolutely love it!
How To Make Copycat Panera Bread Cafe's Sierra Turkey Sandwich
- 2 cups heavy mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/3 cup pureed chipotle in adobo sauce
- 3 medium limes juiced
- 20 wedges Asiago cheese focaccia split
- 5 lbs smoked turkey breast sliced thin
- 2 large sweet onions sliced very thin
- 1 lb field greens washed, dried and chilled
- Blend mayonnaise, sugar, pureed chipotle, and lime juice together in a medium bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- For Each Serving: On bottom piece of split foccacia, spread 2 Tbs. of chipotle mayonnaise. Top with 4 oz. turkey and 1 slice onion. Lightly cover with greens. Replace top of foccacia.
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
Is Turkey Healthier Than Chicken?
There are no distinct differences in the health benefits that we can get from either chicken or turkey. Both poultry are good sources of protein and there are certain parts of their body to be taken in moderation to avoid cholesterol-related diseases.
This turkey sandwich will make you feel absolutely filled all throughout the day. Try this copycat Sierra Turkey sandwich in the comfort of your own home and pay homage to the delicious sandwich from Panera Bread.