How To Make Shrimp Pomelo Salad
A quick and easy shrimp pomelo salad that’s full of bright flavors. Pomelo, romaine lettuce, and cooked shrimp are tossed in a tangy and sweet dressing.
- 3tbspsoy sauce
- 2tspsesame oil
- 2tsprice vinegar
- 1romaine lettuce head,chopped
- 2tbsppeanuts,chopped, or more to taste
- 2tbspgreen onion,chopped, or to taste
Combine the soy sauce, lime juice, honey, sesame oil, and rice vinegar in a bowl to make the dressing, then stir until well combined.
Cut off the top of the pomelo, then score peel using a sharp knife, going about ½-inch deep into the peel
Pry the peel and pith off the pomelo. Pull apart into 2 halves. Separate the segments, peel off membrane, and remove seeds. Break the segments into bite-size pieces.
Toss the pomelo with the romaine lettuce in a bowl. Top with shrimp, then garnish with peanuts and green onion. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss.
Serve and enjoy.
- Add crispy fried shallots for a crunchy texture. In a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of light olive oil over medium heat. Add thinly sliced shallots and fry until golden and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel to soak up the oil and cool.
- Add dried chile flakes for extra flavor.
- Calories: 161.98kcal
- Fat: 5.73g
- Saturated Fat: 0.84g
- Trans Fat: 0.01g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.16g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.13g
- Carbohydrates: 18.44g
- Fiber: 5.31g
- Sugar: 9.62g
- Protein: 12.45g
- Cholesterol: 71.44mg
- Sodium: 994.42mg
- Calcium: 112.00mg
- Potassium: 645.27mg
- Iron: 2.23mg
- Vitamin A: 750.46µg
- Vitamin C: 30.90mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!