A creamy nut and cherry mixture fills pear halves in this elegant salad. If using for a dessert, zig-zag chocolate lines across dessert plate and place pear in center of plate.
How To Make Pear Salad
A delightfully refreshing salad that can hold its own! Either have it as a light dinner, an appetizer or even as a dessert! This delicious pear salad has a variety of textures to keep your experience enjoyable, not to mention the incredible combination of flavors within the dish with thin crisp pears, pecans, cream cheese and maple syrup.
- Dry pear halves off gently with paper towels.
- Place on tray and repeat the process until all pears are done.
- Beat cream cheese with maple syrup until smooth with electric mixer.
- By hand, fold in nuts and chopped cherries.
- Fold well.
- Spoon filling into pear halves using all of the filling up.
- You just heap it up in the pears.
- Place a well drained half of maraschino cherry cut side down on top of pear filling.
- Chill several hours covered.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce on pretty salad plates.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!