How To Make Baby Kale Salad with Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
Deliciously crunchy roasted chickpeas are tossed with crisp kale, tangy lemon, and salty parmigiano-regianno to yield a tasteful baby kale salad!
For Roasted Chickpeas:
- 15ozchickpeas,(1 can)
- 1tbspextra virgin olive oil
- ¼tspfreshly ground black pepper
- 1tbsplemon juice,(from 1 lemon), freshly squeezed
- 3tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 1smallsmall garlic clove,minced
- ⅛tspfreshly ground black pepper
- 5ozBaby Kale,(1 bag or container), or Kale/Dark Greens Mix
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Place the chickpeas on the prepared baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
Roast for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring once, until the chickpeas are slightly shrunken and crispy. Let cool.
In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the greens and toss until evenly coated. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Arrange on plates and top with Parmigiano-Regianno shavings and crispy roasted chickpeas.
Serve and enjoy!
- Calories: 613.43kcal
- Fat: 25.07g
- Saturated Fat: 5.59g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 12.73g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.55g
- Carbohydrates: 71.16g
- Fiber: 14.32g
- Sugar: 12.43g
- Protein: 29.99g
- Cholesterol: 12.64mg
- Sodium: 414.60mg
- Calcium: 335.99mg
- Potassium: 963.05mg
- Iron: 5.36mg
- Vitamin A: 218.91µg
- Vitamin C: 48.38mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!