Chicago’s famous pizza place, Lou Malnati’s, has one of the tasty pizza crusts. We found a perfectly flaky and buttery recipe that tastes as good as the real thing!
How To Make Lou's Famous Favorite Flaky Crust Recipe
- 3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup semolina
- 1 tsp. yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tbsp. butter melted
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cream of tarter
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 large tomato sliced
- handful of fresh basil
- Mix together the flour, semolina, yeast, and water until well combined, then let sit for about 25 minutes.
- Add the oil and butter, then knead the dough lightly.
- Form the dough into a ball and refrigerate overnight.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll out into a circle, then bake for 5 minutes at 450 degrees.
- To build your pizza, start with spreading the tomato sauce over the dough, leaving space around the edges.
- Layer on slices of mozzarella, followed by the tomato slices and basil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.