The California Chicken Burger is delicious, homemade, and unbelievably easy to make. You’ll wonder why you’ve never made one before.
How To Make Copycat Recipe For Red Robin's California Chicken Burger
- 1 sesame seed hamburger bun
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 4 tsp. mayonnaise
- 2 slices of Monterey jack cheese
- 1 slice of hickory smoked bacon
- 2 tomato slices
- 4 slices of dill pickle chips
- 1/3 cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup guacamole
- For the grilled chicken preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Grill chicken for about 4-6 minutes per side.
- Add 2 slices of Monterey jack cheese on top of the filet so that the cheese can melt.
- Save that for the last minute of grilling.
- Toast the bottom of the bun over medium heat.
- For the sandwich, spread the mayonnaise on the top of the bun.
- Add the dill pickle chips on the bottom half of the bun.
- Place the chicken breast on the bottom bun.
- Add the tomato, bacon slices, guacamole and shredded lettuce on the chicken.
- Side note, I like to add white onion an arugula, so feel free to add any other ingredients.
- Cover the sandwich with the top of bun and serve.