This flavorful 3-ingredient crockpot salsa chicken feels like a taste of heaven. You’ll only need three ingredients and less than a minute to prepare this dish. You can just leave it and let your slow cooker work its magic. You’ll be met with sumptuous tender chicken smothered in peppery tomato salsa. It’s high in protein, low in fat and carbs, and also keto-friendly. It’s the perfect dish for busy bees who are on a healthy diet and wish to eat clean.
If you’re looking for other delectable instant pot recipes for your busy weeknights, we got you covered! Check out our crockpot recipes and plot next week’s menu now.
Tips on Making Crockpot Salsa Chicken
We can’t stress enough how easy this crockpot salsa chicken is. And on top of that, we have more valuable tips for making the best chicken salsa at home.
- Use any cut of chicken like chicken thighs and legs. But because we don’t want to bother with picking the bones, we use boneless chicken breast in this recipe.
- Do not thaw the chicken, unless you want it too mushy. But if what you have is thawed chicken, simply take two hours off the cooking time.
- As an alternative to jarred salsa, try making this slow cooker salsa chicken using salsa verde. It will taste fresh, herby, and just as delicious!
- Add other delicious ingredients. Cream cheese will give it a luscious texture great for dipping tortilla chips in or tossed in pasta. In the last hour of cooking add black beans and frozen corn and it becomes a burrito filling. Mix in chili powder and taco seasoning, serve it on top of tostadas with sour cream, lime, and cilantro for a satisfying appetizer.
- The easiest way to shred chicken is using two forks. Shred them chunky or fine, depending on your preference.
How To Make Crockpot Salsa Chicken
Slow-cooked to delicious perfection, this crockpot salsa chicken is incredibly flavorful and tender. It’s the perfect dish for weekend family dinners.
Place the frozen chicken onto the bottom of the crockpot.
Pour the salsa over the chicken and drizzle with olive oil. Cook the chicken on Low for approximately 6 hours or until the chicken is done.
Serve your crockpot chicken over rice or shred it and use it as a burrito spread. You can also use it in salads or as a spread for sandwiches. Bon appetit!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it better to cook chicken on high or low on a crockpot?
It’s best to cook boneless, skinless chicken on low and slow to avoid overcooking. If you cook it on high and it overcooks, the meat becomes dry and tough.
Can I put frozen chicken in the crockpot?
Yes, you can put frozen chicken in the crockpot. But for other ingredients like frozen corn, refried black beans, peas, and carrots, if you want to use them, be sure to add them within the last hour of cooking instead. Adding them in too early will cause the frozen vegetables to turn mushy.
How do I thicken crockpot salsa chicken?
If your chicken salsa comes out too watery for a burrito filling, try adding cornstarch. Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water to make a slurry, then pour it into the pot. Another way is to throw in a cup or half of rice as it cooks, and you will end up with the greatest taco filling ever! Or, if the cooking time is not over yet, remove the lid an hour before it’s finished and allow steam to evaporate.
Enjoy your weekend family dinners with this tender and tasty salsa chicken slow-cooked to a luscious perfection. Have a scrumptious meal with your loved ones without the hassle with this easy recipe.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!