Garlic and brown sugar? An unlikely pairing, but what a dynamite flavor combination it brings! The mix of sweet and savory will have your taste buds running wild. Not to mention the slow-cooked chicken practically melts in your mouth. Trust us on this one, this recipe will be a new crockpot staple in your kitchen.
How To Make Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken Crockpot
This brown sugar and garlic chicken Crockpot recipe is the perfect mix of savory and sweet. Tender chicken flavored with a great balance of garlic and brown sugar.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and place the chicken inside the slow cooker.
- Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Take chicken out of the slow cooker and pour the remaining sauce into a saucepan. It's okay if the chicken is falling apart.
- Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into the saucepan, and mix well.
- Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two. It will continue to thicken as it cools down.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with steamed rice.
- Sugar: 37g
- Calcium: 61mg
- Calories: 400kcal
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 368mg
- Protein: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 421mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 100IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!